Happy Monday!! We have had some rainy days and while I don't mind them the kids of course do but you can still make it fun for them and you! Having two toddlers, ages 3 and 4 - yes they are Irish twins but that 3 year old - he was a BIG surprise and came two months early! But that's another story. Toddlers are busy, bored easily and have the attention span of a fish. Rainy days we have to keep them entertained especially when they can't run wild and free outdoors BUT you can still plan some fun filled activities for them as well as the other kids!
Here are some fun toddler-kid filled activities for these rainy days
- Build a fort - my kids love forts and pretending they are dragons and knights to save the day or pirates ARGH!
- DIY toddler band - I think so! Pull out those pots, pans and tupperware even and some kitchen utensils and have them create the next greatest hit!
- Stompies! - I order from Amazon - a lot - and I mean a lot and the giant bubble packaging wrap inside the boxes I like to save because they love to line them all up and STOMP so they POP!
- Baking - who doesn't love baking cookies or cupcakes?! This is something fun for them to do and let them create their own masterpiece and go crazy on the sprinkles. Nothing a vacuum can't handle!
- Indoor hopscotch - got some painters tape? Build an indoor hopscotch and have fun!
- Garden rock painting - We collected some rocks as we were planting inside our retaining wall that was just built and have been having some fun painting with the kids to create some homemade decor to beautify the garden.
- Puddle jumping! - Have any big puddles nearby in the front or backyard? Then grab an umbrella and your rain boots and have fun jumping in the puddles. My toddlers love this! They just dance in the rain. If you look closely - you may even spot a rainbow.
- indoor picnic - for some reason my kids love eating on the floor on a blanket with lunch or even a simple, non messy dinner so why not have an indoor picnic on a rainy day? Make it fun with a special snack or a movie.
It can be frustrating and challenging at times trying to entertain your little one and other children but creating a fun craft, activity or something that can draw their interest and keep them having even a little bit of fun will make for fun rainy day memories.