ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Spring! Spring is finally here and the trees here in beautiful Washington state are starting to bud, flowers are beginning to bloom and the weather is bringing rain yet a few gorgeous days of sunshine. It makes me excited for the warmer weather that is approaching and I know the kids are excited too!
WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been doing virtual schooling since the end of last school year March-June 2020 and since the beginning of this new school year. They are doing great in it and when the weather is warm they want to go outdoors and on an adventure.
We know that during this pandemic we have to be cautious and also keep the kids safe, yet have fun wherever we may be.
So depending on where you live some places may be open, some closed and some people regardless if the places are open they are a little hesitant to take the kids places. Which is okay - you have to do what is best for your family. Here in Washington we do a lot of outdoor activities where we will not be surrounded by a lot of people. The beaches here arenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t packed. There are very few people watching the water or just walking along the shore exploring and seeing what seashell spots their eye. The kids love it. We find all kinds of shells, interesting rocks and even beautiful pieces of driftwood.
Another fun thing we like to do is go hiking. There are mountains here and waterfalls that we like to see. If you canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t go hiking you can always go for a nice walk on a trail or take a bike ride if weather permits. Go on a picnic while youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re at it - who doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t love food?!
We also do just some fun activities in the backyard from gardening to blowing bubbles to bean bag toss and playing with chalk.
Here is a list of some other fun things you can do indoors and outdoors during this beautiful, rainy Spring season!
- Baking - we love baking cupcakes and cookies and we make it fun by making it fit the season so bring on the pastel sprinkles and icing!
- Board games - who doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t love the endless game of Monopoly or the Floor is Lava - IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m looking at my 7 year old WestonÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
- Family movie - movie marathons are always fun and can add everyoneÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s favorite snacks too
- Build a hummingbird feeder or bird house
- Scavenger hunts - this can be fun for on a trail or in the backyard
- Kite flying
- Dance and splash in the rain
- Find a pond close by that isnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t busy or crowded and feed the ducks and see what other creatures you can find
- Do a fun painting project - make it Spring themed - paint a flower or a bird
- Do a fun craft - pastel colored play dough
- Go on a nature hunt - look for leaves, flowers, rocks, feathers, etc.
The list can go on and on and I hope that there are a few fun things that you can add to your list of fun things to do for your kids and family.
Embrace the season and look forward to the warmer weather thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s to come. Happy Spring!