With Spring in the air I love to make spring themed foods because it's fun and colorful! Plus I have boys who love to eat, just like their mama. This Spring party mix is easy to make, kid friendly - it includes no nuts because my kids don't like nuts, it's flavorful and also nice to look at and delicious to eat. So if you're looking for a fun snack to have this weekend with Easter approaching then try this recipe with your kids! They loved helping me put it all together!
- 3-4 cups of rice or corn Chex cereal
- 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
- 7 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 bag of Spring colored sixlets (the bag I bought contained 75 individual pastel sixlets with 6 little sixlets in their own wrapper - I used about half the bag in this recipe)
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows (add as many as you want or less - my kids love marshmallows so I used the whole bag)
- 3-4 cups of tiny twist pretzels
Preheat oven to 250 degrees, grab your roasting pan and let us start seasoning this cereal for some FLAVOR!
Melt the butter in your roasting pan in the oven. Then add the worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Mix well. Then pour in your cereal and mix until the cereal is coated. Bake for an hour, mixing it every 10-15 min while baking in roasting pan. I just used my 13x9 ceramic baking pan.
Once finished I lined a cooking sheet with paper towels and pour my cereal on top, spread it out and let it cool.
Then pour it into your serving dish and add your candies, raisins, mini marshmallows and tiny twist pretzels! VIOLA - you are done and now it's time to stuff your face. If your kids have other things they enjoy to snack on and you feel it will pair well with this - add it in there! Make sure to store your leftovers in an airtight container to keep it fresh and from going stale.
This is so quick to make and so tasty to enjoy. Perfect to add to your spread for your egg hunt or a delicious snack to pair with a fun spring activity or craft. I hope you enjoy! Take care and Happy Spring!